Thomas Durning at the top of Ben Nevis
by SALVATORE BOEMI
Thomas Durning has recently started his university course. He is really enjoying his time at the University of the West of Scotland (UWS) despite new cases rising in Glasgow.
Thomas Durning is a passionate Scottish student from Bishopbriggs, Glasgow.
He started BA Hons Journalism at UWS at Ayr Campus, a couple of weeks ago, and he is really enjoying this course.
He said: ” I’m enjoying the course, I feel that has been a good start, it has been interesting to learn about different kind of course objects.”
However, with the COVID-19 outbreak, students are not allowed to go to campus and their learning will be different.
Living in Bishopbriggs, Thomas is having a concerning time because of the current situation.
He said: “The situation in Bishopbriggs is quite concerning, pubs are closed for two weeks, and lots of people are staying home, people locally are a wee bit tired and they want that situation will be over.”
COVID-19 Scottish Number on 13th October
- 1,297 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 17.2%* of newly tested individuals
- 7 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 35 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 527 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 19,573 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results